Become our new field coordinator for short termers who will follow the discipleship program of our organisation: Serve Asia.
Most of our neighbors have never met a follower of Jesus. They follow a ritual and works based worldview, with an absence of an assurance of salvation.
You will journey with and process short termers who want to visit our field for 2 weeks – 11 months. You will work together with other short term coordinators all over the world and of course our teams located in South East Asia.
Our teams will provide opportunities for the short termers. You will journey with short termers to find a suitable placement for them. At other times you will journey with our teams to find suitable short termers for their needs. This is how you will bring people together to reach the people of South East Asia with God's love.
You will also be a member of our mobilization group. This group implements strategic means to mobilize prayer and resources for our field.
Often the short termer(s) is searching for the will of God for his life through our Serve Asia program. That makes your prayers very important in this role. We are not a Christian travel agency. Our aim is to make disciples of Christ among all nations.
The predominant religions in South East Asia are Islam, Buddhism and folk religions. In Thailand, most are Buddhist and there is also a large population of Muslims, especially in the south. Although some people groups have significant numbers of believers, many remain unreached.
- Find a suitable placement on the field for the short termer
- Send suitable short termers to the teams on the field
- Work in a very relational and pastoral manner with all people that are involved
- Willing to faithfully respond to emails in a timely manner.
- High School Graduate
- Relevant experience
- Spiritually mature and “fit”, able to maintain intimate connection with God.
- Able to communicate between and with different ‘hot and cold climate’ cultures.
- Relational person and able to work on some admin jobs
- Able to manage multiple Serve Asia workers processing them simultaneously
- Reasonable computer skills (not to be afraid of Intranet)
- Good with email communication
The applicant should be prepared to live an appropriate lifestyle within the community in which they will live. Among other things, this relates to dressing modestly, and being sensitive to the dietary restrictions of our neighbors. This is very helpful as it would build bridges with neighbours and friends. It also means contextualizing the language we use to share about Jesus. In the local culture it is important that the men relate to the men and the women relate to the women.
- Able to maintain good spiritual health, even in the face of practical and spiritual challenges.
- Willing to work together on a diverse team of people from different cultures with mutual accountability, but also self-reliance.
*Australian citizens and/or residents only