Latest research shows that 80% of missionaries come back home earlier before their assignment is finished due to team & cross-cultural conflicts.
In partnership with Missions Interlink, PeaceWise, a biblical peacemaking movement seeking to change the fabric of relationships across our nation and beyond, will conduct a 2-day course on how to deal with conflict in cross-cultural mission & teams context in an effective and God pleasing way!
This specialised conflict training for missions has potential to transform relationships in a way that will flow on to the kind of unity that Jesus spoke about in John 17: “That they may be one.” Everyday Peacemaking for Missions and Heart of Peacemaking for Missions are designed to train participants in practical skills for moving purposefully through conflict towards more authentic relationships and a deeper walk with Christ. However, beyond the skills, we believe that pursuing peace has powerful cultural implications within mission organisations that flow out to gospel impact wherever we are. We’ve seen this in our own lives as well as in the lives of others.
Everyday Peacemaking for Missions and Heart of Peacemaking for Missions includes the following features:
- each participant will gain a powerful set of practical tools to use in conflict
- each participant will have opportunity to apply peacemaking tools in the context of a personal conflict
- key drivers of conflict will be addressed (this is one of the places we consider the unique context of crossing cultures as sparks for conflict)
- the gospel heart of resolving conflict will be unpacked
Particular to missions
- examples and role plays will be missions oriented
- time will be given to discuss the additional layer of difficulty that cross-cultural relationships encounter simply because of invisible cultural frameworks
- the tricky question of how the church and mission work together and engage with missionaries in conflict will be considered