Position Description – Ministry Assistant
Part-time Position (0.6 EFT)
Missions Interlink is a network of Australian mission agencies, Bible colleges, churches and support services that are serving Christ and engaging in cross-cultural and global mission.
The role is to assist the National Director in the ministry of Missions Interlink by providing administrative and other support, to service MI members, staff, volunteers and respond to enquiries.
- Administration of MI National Meetings and assist in producing meeting Minutes:
- Transition Training taskforce
- National Leadership Team
2. Assisting to MI Training courses:
- Transition Training (TT)
- Missions Interlink Language Learning (MILL )
- Missions Interlink Short Term (MIST)
- Missions Interlink Advanced Security Training (MAST)
3.Assisting to MI National Events:
- National conference/events
- State workshops
4. Process all MI bank deposits and cheques.
5. Effective handling of mail, phone calls, emails and visitors, especially when the ND is away.
6. Monitoring a reporting manager’s email and responding if required.
7. Update and maintain MI website event list and regularly upload current member list.
8. Preparing communications on behalf of a manager.
9. Organising and planning meetings, travels and itineraries.
10. Conducting or preparing any research that may be required
11. Maintain MI newsletter distribution list and accurate database.
12. Dispatch resources as required eg GPD periodical and book orders.
13. Assist in the ongoing development of MI communication plan and its implementation.
14. Research, design and implement an online campaign to promote Mission Seek.
15. Writing communication pieces as required.
16. Liaising with Missions Interlink staff and volunteers, to assist and co-ordinate Missions Interlink communications.
17. Administration of the Mission Seek ministry.
18. Various ad hoc requests.
- Passionate commitment to the vision of Missions Interlink is essential.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook and Excel). Experience in dTracker is an advantage.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Professional discretion.
- Experience in creating content and managing social media (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn)
- Experience with using an Email Marketing Service (MailChimp)
- Experience in Photoshop/Adobe Creative Suite is desirable
- Experience in Planning Centre and Wild apricot is desirable
- Experience in managing a WordPress website
- An active involvement in cross-cultural mission activities within a local church or mission organisation will be highly regarded.
- Well-developed time management skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Strong corporate etiquette knowledge
Appropriate remuneration is negotiable, dependent on skills and experience.
Employees are expected to uphold Christian ethos both publicly and privately. Accountability is to the Missions Interlink National Director. This is a part-time position (0.6 EFT) . Hours of work are negotiable with the potential to grow into a 0.8 part time permanent role for the right candidate, over a one year period of handover.
MI National office: 60-62 Duerdin street, Clayton. On site parking available.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact the Missions Interlink National Director email@example.com for further information.